To me… Alan Kairouz is my “second self”. I need not write, say or add anything to that because that says it all. This encompasses and goes beyond being just a friend and even a brother.
I’ve known Alan for more than 25 years now. What words would best describe him?
Let’s start with the rarest elements of all on planet earth:
- Honest, Trustworthy, and Loyal. I trust Alan with my life, my family, my work. What’s left? Again, that says it all.
- Hard/Smart Working. One of the hardest working people I know, and he does it in a smart way (adapting, improvising, efficient, effective), always having the objective and end result in mind.
- Perseverant and persistent. If Alan sets his mind to accomplish something, just consider it done, whether if it would end up taking him 10 minutes, 10 hours or 10 years. It doesn’t matter. It’ll get done. I think his physical fitness and stamina, being a martial artist, survivalist, 10-in-1 fitness expert does seem to help a lot.
- Leader/Mentor/Coach, and a truly responsible one indeed. Two things I’d like to mention here. first, Alan is patient in dealing with others.
Second, he listens very carefully to others before making informed decisions.
- Passionate for outdoor activities like hiking, mountain climbing and the ever-growing “survival” domain.
(Thank you Alan for all the great places you take us. You always bring a sense of security when you’re with us because you sure know what you’re doing!)
Last but not least:
- Intellectual, physical and spiritual. He's one of the few people I know that always work on, nurture and cultivate this golden triangle.
Thank you AK – dear friend, brother, “2nd self” - for everything.